The World’s Most Potent Berry Complex
AuroraBlue® is a proprietary complex of Alaska Vaccinium berry species hand-picked from Alaska rainforests and tundra. The berries are gently dried with Refractance Window® drying technology, which preserves their bioactive constituents. Kosher-certified by the Orthodox Union or Star-K, AuroraBlue® is available as USDA organic-certified, making it appropriate for use in Kosher and organic products.
Which Alaska Vaccinium species are in AuroraBlue®?
Berries and stems from Alaska Vaccinium species including:
- Vaccinium alaskaense How. (Alaska blueberry)
- Vaccinium ovaliforium Sm (oval-leaf blueberry)
- Vaccinium membranaceum L. (thinleaf blueberry)
- Vaccinium uliginosum L. (bog blueberry)
- Vaccinium cespitosum Mich X. (dwarf bilberry)
The power of blueberries, x10
Due to the harsh growing conditions of the Alaska wilderness, AuroraBlue® has the richest natural profile of nutrients derived from the genus Vaccinium of any berry complex on the market. In fact, it contains up to 10 times the bioactive compounds (including highly prized anthocyanins) and antioxidant capacity measured in products made with wild blueberries and cultivated varieties from lower latitudes. AuroraBlue® is a nutritional powerhouse, providing:
- Anthocyanins at levels that far exceed those documented in any blueberry or whole fruit product (4-5% of dry weight)
- Proanthocyanidins, including A-type proanthocyanidin trimers, equivalent to amounts found in cranberry and cocoa (3.5-4% of dry weight)
- Flavonols, such as the well-studied quercetin and myricetin, but also fisetin and catechins
- Stilbenes, such as pterostilbene and other stilbenoids
- Vitamins, particularly vitamin C and vitamin K
- Minerals and trace elements, such as manganese
- Pectin and fiber
Importantly, AuroraBlue® is a whole, dried berry concentrate — not an extract. That means all the active ingredients remain intact in their proper ratios.
Blueberries are one of the most studied fruits on the planet and have shown promise in promoting:
- Brain and mood 1, 2
- Cardiovascular health 3, 4, 5, 6
- Blood sugar maintenance 7, 8, 9
- Optimal weight 10, 11, 12
- Healthy aging
Further, Alaska Vaccinium berry species have specifically been observed to:
- Blunt oxidative stress and support a healthy response to inflammation in the central nervous system in vitro 13, 14 (bog blueberry)
- Reduce lipid accumulation in fat cells in vitro 15 (bog blueberry, oval-leaf blueberry)
- Maintain blood sugar levels already within a healthy range in vivo 16 (bog blueberry)
AuroraBlue® has a recognizable, but intense wild blueberry flavor and aroma. Its deep purple-blue color comes from the natural stores of flavonoids, particularly anthocyanins, present in unmatched levels in Alaska berries.